Monday, February 9, 2015

Lie to Me Review

http://mydramalist.com/1605-lie-to-me
Click the pic for a synopsis!
7/10
______
Overall: 7/10 
Characters: 7/10
 Plot: 5/10
Feels Factor: 8/10
Reviewer: Alyssa 






So here's a telling thing about this drama--I can't remember it very well. I watched a few clips and refreshed my memory, but even then, I'm having a hard time coming up with the details. Why? It's a forgettable drama. That said, I did some digging to find out why I originally gave it 7 stars on my drama list. Here's what I came up with:

The Bad: That plot, though. The writing absolutely killed this drama for me, and I've seen similar reviews. It's like the writers had some good ideas for scenes they wanted in the drama, but they had a hard time building a believable plot with which to support the cute moments. The drama just sort of ambled along, strung together with cute circumstances and some pretty impressive chemistry. But what was the point of this? The cold hero (played by Kang Ji Hwan) did in fact thaw, and the leading girl did become successful in her endeavors after much struggling. I didn't dislike anyone (who could dislike Yoon Eun Hye?), but I didn't have stars in my eyes after the show was over. I found myself going, "Blah, blah, blah, can we get to that coke kiss scene already?"

 This was the drama that I could put down. The one that left me feeling a little unsatisfied, and thus drove me to watch what would then become my very favorite drama of all time--Secret Garden. So maybe I should thank Lie to Me for sending me running to the arms of my beloved Hyun Bin? We'll go with that. Which leads me to...

The Good: The chemistry was there. Although the script meandered, and the "tension" was thin, the chemistry between Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye was SIZZLING. Did I mention that coke kiss? 
 So even though I wasn't sure where the drama was going, or what the point of it all was, I sure enjoyed the ride. Most of it anyway. There were tender moments, and funny ones, and a few gripping plot points that made me do little marathon spurts. And that's why it got a 7 and not something lower. Those scenes that were pieced together somewhat awkwardly where so enjoyable that it was actually worth sitting through the whole thing. And believe me, there have been plenty of "must see" dramas that I just dropped. This one kept me interested through pure. scientific. chemistry. baby. 

The Ahjumma's consensus: If you're in the mood for a hard-to-get guy who is softened by a lovable, strong-willed girl, and you want some great kisses along the way, then give this one a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment