Friday, January 16, 2015

Full House Review

http://mydramalist.com/24-full-house
Click the Pic for Synopsis!

Alyssa's Review

Overall: 5/10
Characters: 6/10
Plot: 7/10
Feels Factor: 4/10

I feel like a lot of people are going to hate me after I do this review. This is, apparently, a well-loved favorite of many viewers. And I didn't like it...


Please don't hate me too much. I love Rain! Really I do. But I do not love this drama.

The Bad: Jeez where to begin. I'm not even going to list their clothing as a negative, because I was able to see past that and realize that it's an older drama. Plus I'm not exactly a fashionista. What I can't get past was their total lack of chemistry. I felt like I was watching siblings learn how to get along. I even thought maybe it was me, and put the drama away for a few weeks, and then came back to it.

Nope, still no chemistry.

They bickered the whole way through, and even when they were "in love," they were picking at each other and annoying one another. Ugh, it was frustrating. I'm just not a fan of that kind of relationship. I don't think its funny or cute when people nag and pester each other. Unimpressed Alyssa was unimpressed.

Also, it was just too slow for me. This was all one giant misunderstanding plot. All they did was argue about pointless things, misunderstand each others intentions, and hurt each other in the process. Once again, a plot where the "drama" could have been avoided with communication skills even my 5-year-old possesses. I personally need a real antagonist in a plot to enjoy the story. And by real antagonist I don't mean "their own insecurities."

The Good:  There were moments. Little moments that made me continue to watch it even when I didn't particularly want to. I kept going because I was hoping to see Rain's character become loving and caring. He honestly didn't quite get there for me, but he did change! And they had some sweet moments.





Also Rain. He's a big plus:
And that's about all I can remember being good. It was too much quarreling for me. Back and forth, him being mean, and her being spiteful. It was a little exhausting honestly. The reason I gave it a 5 and not something lower is because I liked that she was a writer, and that she had real goals. I liked that he changed as a person, and she did too. I LOVED the premise. Such a good idea, and I've heard there are other versions I might enjoy trying. But the whole storyline of the two leads having to live together due to "circumstances" is a favorite of mine. And this story showed good promise, but it just didn't follow through in the way I had hoped.


So, here's what Ahjumma says about Full House: If you like couples who bicker and needle each other, and you get a lot of laughs from watching them stumble their way through a comedic, but otherwise loving lifetime, then you will enjoy Full House.









No comments:

Post a Comment