Friday, January 16, 2015

I Hear Your Voice Review

http://mydramalist.com/6993-i-hear-your-voice
Click the Pic for Synopsis

 9/10

_____________

Overall: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Plot: 9/10
Feels Factor: 9/10
Reviewer: Alyssa





 This is one of those incredibly solid, satisfying dramas that totally deserves all the hype it got. I remember watching this, and being on the edge of my seat for almost all of it. This is one I would call a BUTT CLENCHER.

The Bad: It might be a little bit slow to start. You have to invest at least two or three episodes into this drama in the beginning before it fully hooks your interest. Not that it's boring in the beginning, but there's a lot of set-up that has to take place, and all of it is important.

Another downside, since there is a lot of legal drama involved here, is you can't really know if this is entirely plausible plot-wise or not. I kept getting this feeling like maybe they were making up laws and stuff. I was suspicious of that.




But since I can't say for sure, it really didn't bother me that much. They probably made up stuff. Who knows? (More to the point, who cares?) It's not like I watch dramas for their gritty portrayal of the real world.

Another downside for me that made it just too hard to give it a 10 (even though I was really very tempted), was the rare skinship. I mean, these two lived together, and they obviously liked each other. But it wasn't until the very very end that they started to hug and stuff, and I just wish there was a teensy bit more of it.

And lastly, I had to get over my aversion to the noona romance. This was my first noona romance, and it wigged me out that not only was the leading lady quite a bit older than the main guy, but he was still in...High School...



They pulled it off somehow, and then I got over it because our main man, Park Soo Ha, was such a capable guy that the age difference sort of melted into the background.

The Good: First and foremost, Lee Jong Suk completely impressed me. He played the part of Park Soo Ha so well, and I sort of actor stalked him after this because I was so pleasantly surprised by his acting. I remembered him from his small role in Secret Garden, but I guess he matured a lot since then! His chemistry with Lee Bo Young (who plays Jang Hye Sung)  turned out to be entrancing.

I liked that Park Soo Ha loved and respected Jang Hye Sung for many years before he met up with her again. Not only that, but she was the cold one, and he was the character that needed to thaw her out and bring out her compassionate side again. That felt really different and fun to me!

Oh, and I can't believe I haven't mentioned it yet, but Park Soo Ha can hear peoples thoughts. He can read minds, yo! How cool is that? If a writer throws in a supernatural element to a drama, then chances are I'll be all over it. And if you're anything like me, then you're probably thinking, "Well what kind of antagonist could present a challenge against a guy who can read minds?"

My friends, I give you this guy.
 He ramped up the villain creep level to 11. THIS. GUY. is so dastardly, I actually convulsed on the couch in outrage several times. And it was brilliant! (His acting. Not my convulsing.) I don't know about anyone else, but this is an antagonist that will always stick out in my mind are particularly evil. He made an impression on me, and he's the reason this drama flew by at an incredibly speedy pace. From start to finish, I had to find out what would happen, and if our two main characters could overcome the obstacles.

Also, I canot forget that Yoon Sang Hyun played an entertaining character as well.
If you've seen Secret Garden, then you'll be like me and shout "OSKA!!!" at the screen.

In the end, this drama turned out to have basically everything I could ask for. Action, supernatural abilities, romance, and a well-written script.

My verdict is that you have to watch it. It's entertainment at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment