Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Korean Visitor!

Hey there Netizens!

No, I didn't give up on my bog a week after I created it. (Not that I've never done that...you could say I have commitment issues). Actually, I've been distracted by a visitor. And not just any visitor! I have...

A Korean Visitor!
San with my daughter, Lilianna
That's right! My friend San (shortened version of his real name to protect his privacy) flew over from Korea to visit us here in the States. He's currently trying to pass the TOEFL so he can go to college in the U.S. We all thought that maybe if he stayed in America for a month, he would advance his language skills even further. 

But more than his desire to better his English, he's here because he's our friend! It's SO FUN to exchange information with him about what is similar and different between Korea and America. He brought us a ton of delicious Korean snacks, ramen, and even chunky sweaters like they're wearing in dramas these days. He's so nice, and we're all having a great time exchanging cultural similarities and differences. He even consented to watch that new Hyun Bin drama Hyde Jekyll, Me, even though I could tell he thought it was kind of too mushy for him. He's a good sport like that.

We will post more pictures and stories later on, but for now my Kdrama fans...

Is there anything about Korea you would like to ask San? 
  
I figured it might be kind of fun if you, my fellow netizens, had the chance to ask him any questions! It's not every day you get to speak to a native Korean who was born and raised in Korea, and is visiting America. 

Let me know, and the Ahjummas will be back very soon with more reviews and fun posts!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment